AmeriCorps Member Advisory Council
September 20-21, 2008
Saturday, September 20 –
12:00 Arrive at Montana Learning Center
12:30-1:30 Welcome and Lunch
2:00-2:30 Expectations and Agreements
- What would you like to get out of this retreat?
- Is there anything in particular that you would like to cover?
• Agreements: respect each other, be open to new ideas, etc.
2:30-3:30 What is ACMAC? Who are we? What do we do?
• Discuss expectations of members in regard to service day participation and committee work.
• Go over the various national service days and ACMAC’s role in each.
3:45- 5:15 Service Project
5:15-5:45 Committees: Begin with a brainstorm of entire ACMAC group, what does the council want to accomplish this year in each committee? What are our goals?
5:45-6:30 Break into committees to discuss goals and member responsibilities. Each committee should compile action steps for the upcoming months.
- Public Relations
6:30-7:00 Report back to group
7:00-8:30 Dinner followed by dessert provided by the Office of Community Service.
8:30- ?:?? Fun and Games (Karaoke?)
Sunday, September 21 –
8:45-9:00 Energizer/review schedule of the day
9:00-9:30 Make a Difference Day overview and group brainstorm
9:30-10:30 Regional Planning for Make a Difference Day
10:30-11:00 Plus / Delta of Retreat
11:00-11:45 Meaning of Service Presentation
11:45- 1:00 Clean-up/Lunch/Depart